Building Our Community
Both On & Off the Ice
For over 75 years, the Fort St. John Curling Club has been at the heart of the community. Whether by developing local athletes to national and international acclaim, or by creating moments of enjoyment between friends, family, and co-workers, we promote and celebrate the achievements and accomplishments of our neighbours and fellow community members.
In August of 1946, a group of industrious locals started planning to build a Curling Club in Fort St. John. This new building was completed in 1947 at the corner of 102 St and 98 Ave.
The three-sheet building housed the Club until 1960 when a six-sheet facility was built at the club's current location to accommodate the growing membership. Unfortunately, in June 1978 the building burned to the ground with few salvageable items.
Two months later, members were already hard at work to construct another facility. The new plan included eight sheets and the ability for the building to be used year-round. On Friday, December 7, 1979 the new building opened after numerous hours of volunteer work from the 1978-79 Executive.
Throughout the years, the Fort St. John Curling Club has produced numerous exceptional curlers that have been to the Scotties Tournament of Hearts, Canadian and World Juniors, Provincial Play-downs among other local and district events.
To promote and develop the sport of Curling throughout the North Peace region; providing the infrastructure, knowledge, services, and opportunities for our volunteers, players, coaches, and others in our community to enjoy the game.
9504 96th St., Fort St. John, B.C., V1J 4J3